Table that automatically updates with a list of problems

CJennings1234

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So I've recently started work on a project in my job that uses Microsoft Forms(QR Codes), Microsoft Power Automate and then Microsoft Excel.

The workers fill out a questionnaire on Microsoft Forms, the Power Automate then automatically adds a new row into the table on Excel with their answers. Those are then put onto different sheets/pivot tables to get the conformity of the answers and a few other bits.

On the Microsoft Forms all of the questions are either a Yes or No, if they answer Yes they go onto the next question, if the answer is No then they have to put a reason as to why they said No in some detail which also appears onto the Excel spreadsheet.

The 'Master Data' table I've got setup so far is as below:

NAME | DATE | WEEK | SHIFT | Q1 | Q1 Explain Why | Q2 | Q2 Explain Why |......

What I'd like is a way to make a table on the Excel worksheet with the Date, Area and the problem for that area(if any) however the only way I can think of to do this will include duplicates, which I'd like to avoid if possible.

I've tried to use the Pivot Table, ConcatenateX function which does work however when there is alot of entries for one day then there just ends up being alot of whatever De-limiters I set it as being, so say if there was 2x Entries in the questionnaire for 21/09/22 but 0 of them had a 'No' answer, the row would just show 2x commas.

Any help is appreciated, let me know if you need anymore information, also attached some examples(Example 1 is the table, Example 2 is the pivot table idea I tried with the '+' sign being the de-limiter)

Attachments

• Example.1.png
    Example.1.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Example.2.png
    Example.2.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excel4mac

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back