The best 3 of the list??? Any function available?

riverad

Hi Guys,

As I am needing to do all the organization for a tournament I will need to use a function that is gonna allow me to automatically take the 3 best scros of a list with names and scores.

If this would be the list, i need this to get converted into the list below of just the 3 best persons with the 3 best scores.

Domi82
Dani46
Camilo81
Phillippe76
Carlos56
Luna68
Michael74
Thomas71
Mateo74
Domi82
Camilo81
Michael74

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col></colgroup>

Can anyone please help me to manage to do this with a function so i dont need to search always manually on all lists, but i can just use always the same formula???

Thank you all

Regards

Domi

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col></colgroup>

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Cant open this =( =S

I did edit the link after posting, can you try again?

If not - then do you mean the link doesn't work, or that you receive an error when you attempt to open the file, or access to the website is blocked for you, or??

Upvote 0
I did edit the link after posting, can you try again?

If not - then do you mean the link doesn't work, or that you receive an error when you attempt to open the file, or access to the website is blocked for you, or??

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, thats everything i get when i try to open it, nothing else... :S

Upvote 0
I have emailed you the example file - hopefully it will work for you. Please post back here with your findings.

Thank you, out of the example i could use the formulaa shown in b13, but somehow a13 wont work, the one for the names to match the numbers,
ive tried changing it, but somehow it doesnt give me an error message but it just stays as formula in the list, it doesnt change to name or anything =S

any ideas why the formula would stay as formula and not take the name??

i already formated the cell to text, general and everyting possible but it will still just show the formula.

Upvote 0
i already formated the cell to text, general and everyting possible but it will still just show the formula.

Make sure the cell is formatted as general before you enter the formula. If you are copying the formula from somewhere check there are no spaces before the = sign or after the final )

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenmaldonado

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back