the data connection wizard cannot obtain a list of databases from the specified data source error

achandel

I have recently upgraded my machine from Windows XP to Windows 7. I have DB2 and Microsoft 2003 installed in my system. I am trying to create a new database query using Microsoft Query. I have tried out following options so far:

1. Added a data source using Configuration Assistant. I am able to test the connection.
2. I then went to Data -> Import External Data -> New Database Query and selected the Datasource I created. Entered the user id and password (same as entered in Configuration Manager while testing the connection). I get below error :

SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used :'TCP/IP'. Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error has been detected: "157.200.74.4". Communication function detecting the error: "send". Protocol spectic error code(s):"10035","*","*".SQLSTATE=08001.

When I click on "Ok" on this message, it says "Couldn't read this file"

This was working perfectly in Windows XP.

3. The second approach I took: Go to Data -> Import External Data -> Import Data. Click on "New Source", select Other/advanced -> Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC driver -> selected the data source name and entered user id and password. Test Connection shows "Test Connection Succeded".

When I click on Ok, it gives me following error:

"The Data Connection Wizard cannot obtail a list of databases from the specified data source".

4. I also added an inbound rule in "Microsoft Firewall" and allowed the port which was used while creating the data connection.

Now, I faced this problem only in Windows 7. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianekawahyudin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back