Timezone Calculating Formula

brianclong

Board Regular
Hi I'm trying to create a sheet with different timezones around the world in which my company operates. The idea is to enter a time (for example you want to set up an international phone conference and you want to see the local times in several different countries) and see that time in all the other countries.

I have created the sheet but this formula stops working when I enter times around 12:00ish. =$C$4+(C7/24)

PS - If I put a "*-1" into the end of the formula, it calculates hours forward of my time (in other words, at 3:00 AM Japan time, It's 1:00 PM USA EST - but the formula would say 5:00 PM).

For example:

Excel Workbook
BCDEFGHIJK
4JAPAN TIME:12:00 PM
6USA - EasternUSA - CentralUSA - MountainUSA - PacificArgentinaBrazilChina - Hong KongChina - MainChina - Taiwan
7Time Difference:-14-15-16-1712-14-1-11
10Czech RepublicDominican RepublicGermanyLatviaMalaysiaMexicoPortugalPuerto RicoSingapore
11Local Times:##########################################################12:00 AM##############11:00 AM11:00 AM1:00 PM
Timezone Calculator

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you!

Last edited:
Thank you for the idea, I combined all the information in one cell and it works perfect. I created a custom cell format and was able to get the result :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Hi All,
Now that the time zone converter is working just the way I wanted, I thought of adding an additional feature. I have the start and end dates for different regions. I am trying to do conditional formatting where the condition is like this:
If Start Date OR End Date is between 9:00 AM to 06:00 PM, the region name should turn RED. i,e; If the condition is true for Europe, the Europe cell should become RED. The current format of the cells are Custom Format (as per my needs).
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If start date/time is in A2 and end date/time in B2 you could use a formula like this in conditional formatting

=OR(AND(MOD(A2,1)>="09:00"+0,MOD(A2,1)<="18:00"+0),AND(MOD(B2,1)>="09:00"+0,MOD(B2,1)<="18:00"+0))

Upvote 0
Hi
I have been just reading through this whole thread, but for the life of me cannot work out how to do what I would like.
I am wanting to indicate what time locally I would need to do Facebook business posts to optimise the results.

Currently in C5 I have typed the text 7am and then formatted it as time. I have the time difference for the relevant timezone, which is in C9. In this example, it is -11. I am just trying to have the result cell show 8pm, which is 7am minus 11 hours.

I have tried some of the formulas in this thread, but keep getting no result. I am sure it is just the nut holding the wheel, but may I ask for some assistance in this simple task?

Oh, I do not need any dates or even days....just times.

regards

honkin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back