Trouble Updating Master Worksheet with VLOOKUP Sums.

DrowningInQuicksand

I have a master worksheet containing two main columns.

Column A lists our most popular products.
Column B lists the current inventory of each of the products in column A.
The values in Column B are culled using VLOOKUP from across multiple worksheets, in numerous spreadsheets, located in numerous folders & subfolders - how's that for complex? (not my idea).

Currently I have to double click on a value in column B which then reveals the specific VLOOKUP formula contained therein. Then I have to press enter which displays the Update Values dialogue pop up. Next, I have to select the appropriate folder, subfolder & spreadsheet containing the desired inventory value. If the VLOOKUP formula points to the right spreadshet but does not have the worksheet name spelled perfectly, I will be prompted to select correct worksheet from a dropdown menu. Imagine having to do this for over 250 SKU's!?

My goal is to obviate the need for the above-mentioned complex procedure by having all values in column B update automatically upon reopening master worksheet. Be forwarned, that as these inventory sheets are all stored on our server, you might only be able to determine if automatic updating of master sheet is even possible, by taking possession of my screen & having me walk you through the "maze" by phone.

Somebody please help! I feel like I'm drowning in quicksand.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddobrzynski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back