trouble with 'paste special'

rhittle

When I try to use 'paste special' I do not get the standard window with the two areas 'Paste' and 'Operations' and the option of 'Transpose' which is what I am wanting to use. Rather I get this window with the same title of 'paste special' but in the upper left it says 'Source: Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object' and has two radial buttons 'Paste' and 'Paste link:'

With radial button 'Paste:' in black I get a selection area and at the top is 'Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object' then next is 'Picture (Enhanced Metafile)'

I want the standard 'paste specia' window. What am I doing wrong?

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
It sounds like you have opened another instance of Excel and are you copying from one workbook in one instance of Excel to another workbook in another instance of Excel. Close the workbook you are copying from, and re-open it using the File>Open menu option from the workbook where you want to paste the values, and try again.

Andrew

Upvote 0
I struck the same problem many times myself and wondered 'why?' until I realised it happened when you have multiple instances of Excel open. If this happens again, when you just paste (Ctrl + V) then it automatically does a paste > special > values. But as you noticed you don't get the 'transform' etc options.

Cheers
Andrew

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amcaddress

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back