unique count

kin1

i'm trying unique count from a column of data. each unique record will count as one. the image i pasted shows 2 of everything. does anyone know if i cant just count the same value as one? the same value can be listed more than 2 times, sometimes it can be as much as 20.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, can you add what you want the measure to return for each month & grand total?

As we have it now, it should show "1" for each month, and for the grand total... but I'm not sure how you want it.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
yes it does show 1 for each month, is there a way to only have it show for the earliest month? out of the example, there should only be a 1 count for the month of august.

Upvote 0
Hmm... in that case it might be easier to deal with this in a calculated column. Not sure.

I can imagine a measure like... uh... hrm...

=IF(MIN(MyTable[Date]) = CALCULATE(MIN(MyTable[Date]) ALL(Calendar)), 1, 0)

If the smallest date in THIS pivot cell, for this job is equal to the smallest date in the WHOLE calendar... return 1, else 0. Untested theory.

For a calc column, you could try finding the smallest date associated with each job #.

=CALCULATE(MIN(MyTable[Date]), FILTER(MyTable, MyTable[Job#] = EARLIER(MyTable[Job#])))

Then, maybe use that in a unique count measure?
=CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(MyTable[Job#]), FILTER(MyTable, MyTable[Date] = MyTable[FirstDate]))

All untested -- apologies a bit too much client work right now to give this proper attention.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rehanahmadawan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back