Shiro23

I'd like to know what kind of formula/what is the formula to have Excel figure something like this out:
Say
A=7
B=12
C=30
D=Scaling(1-100) Like a unit's level
And it will make Q=((A*B*C)+(C*D(also D-1, etc)) like an Arithmetic progression. Where D is Q/((A*B*C)+(C*D(also D-1, etc))
So for the second half of the problems, I want it to also include every number of D down to 1, so like D-1, D-2, D-3, etc until it hits 1, but still all multiplied to the C, and added to the (A*B*C).
If I have a number for X like say 20000. I want to get Q=(A*B*C)+(C*D(also the D-1, etc) where Q is how many times (A*B*C)+(C*D(also the D-1, etc) will fit into the 20000, and any leftover perhaps placed into another column while also showing me where (A*B*C)+(C*D(also the D-1, etc) is at down the line, so at 20000, I believe it comes out to D=7, and (A*B*C)+(C*D(also the D-1, etc) Q becomes 3360(If I'm doing my math right). But I don't know how to get it to work that way in Excel. Nor am I sure of how to have Excel give me the answers in different locations in my spreadsheet, like D in B4 and Q in B4.(does not literally have to be those positions, just examples)

I can do this problem in my head, but considering it has to be done many times, once I get into bigger numbers like x=40000, I don't want to have to go by hand and do it every time. So I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me! :D

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Hi, just curious, does (C*D(also D-1, etc)) mean 30*1 + 30*2 + 30*3 ect?

Upvote 0
so given C1 is 30 and D1 is 3 would be result be 180?

Upvote 0
Well I have a solution but it is not elegant, still looking for a better approach.

Upvote 0
Mmmk I'm willing to try what you have, but if you think that you know of a better way I'd like to see both :3

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
al mugheen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back