Userform TextBox Font size problem

BBCrawford

I have a Userform with numerous textboxes on it (all the same size). When I set the Font size (Calibri 9 Regular) on all of them some appear (and actually are) larger than others (wider and taller). This happens regardless of setting their fonts each individually or all as a group. The properties show them as all the same but they are definitely not (the size difference exists in both the VBE and when the form is shown).
The difference is enough that the user would clearly notice & question.
Any advice or suggestions. Thanks in advance
Excel 2013 /Office 365
Brian

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
You're saying the height and width properties list? Have you tried forcing the heights and widths using VBA?

Upvote 0
I have not tried VBA, just the properties window in the VBE.
I did forget to mention in the above that the textboxes are all in a "Frame" on the form and that they were all made from "copy/paste" of the first one I created (which displays as the correct size).

I will give VBA a try though.
Interestingly, I made a copy of all (at once) of the textboxes as I needed the same layout in another similar Frame. In the new Frame some textboxes pasted were also of different sizes (but fewer) BUT the mix of different sizes was different (ie which textboxes had the different sizes had changed).

Also have had this happen in the past without resolution (except, as I recall by deleting the bad textboxes and doing individual new ones .. but there were many in this Form).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Slatter

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back