Using VBA in other language excel file

simonebb

I am making an add-in and my excel has english settings, but my colleague has dutch settings in his excel. This is mostly not a problem, except for some worksheetfunctions I use: rounddown, min, max, averageif.

Does any of you have a solution how to deal with this? Or are there any good alternatives for these functions?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Welcome to the forum.

Where exactly is it a problem?

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum.

Where exactly is it a problem?

My sheet has the columns: date/time and temperature. I want to get the average temperature for each day.

What I do now:

- I have a list of dates and times. The value of these cells is something like 42948.23 and I want to obtain the first and last day in this list (so without the time).

Code:
firstday = Application.WorksheetFunction.RoundDown(Application.WorksheetFunction.Min(Columns("B:B")), 0)

- Then i want to take the average of the temperatures for each day (from first until last day).

Code:
tempavg = Application.WorksheetFunction.AverageIf(Range("E" & 2 & ":E" & numrow), currentday, Range("C" & 2 & ":C" & numrow))

It works just fine at my computer, but it gives an error at the first line of code (firstday=...) at my colleagues computer. I can't remember the exact error, but it was something about an unknown function, which makes sense, since he cannot use the rounddown function in his worksheet.

Upvote 0
Those functions are not language dependent. You'll need to find out what specifically the error message is. Does he have the same version of Office as you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chislobog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back