VBA code not working on all computers??

bhinrichsen

Hi all, i have a spreedsheet that has macro's and vba code. The issue i am coming across is that a couple of computers in our organisation aren't working with the vba code in particular. i have set the trust centre settings to enable all macros and also have ticked the box to Trust access to the VBA project object model. All other computers work with these settings. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hello bhinrichsen,

There are couple possible causes I think of.
  • VBA compatibility issues like running 2007 code on 2003 or earlier.
  • Network users may not have the necessary permissions to perform some the macro actions.
Without knowing the specific errors you are encountering, it almost impossible to offer any further suggestions.

Upvote 0
The computer that is having the issue is running windows 7 and excel 2007. the terminals that are working fine are also running excel 2007. there are no error messages coming up or anything its simply that the code i have written in the worksheet simply doesn't work on the computer? Hope that helps out a bit? i am totally baffled on this one.

Upvote 0
Hello bhinrichsen,

What is the code supposed to do that it isn't doing?

Upvote 0
Where you normally run into a problem is when you have to add a reference to your VBA project. Did you have to do that? Anytime (mostly) that you add a reference you have to consider the version of that reference (use the lowest version that everyone might have) or whether other users' computers even have that reference available.

If that's not it, have you added any fancier controls like user forms?

Upvote 0
Hi all, the code simply allows multiple selections to be chosen from a drop down list and entered onto the one line. no references have been used in this code either. strange thing is that the computer that isn't working is a standard pc, the ones that do work fine are simple terminals running server 2003?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malcolmlyle

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back