excelman15

Office Version
  1. 2021
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Guys,

Can someone please help me to correct my VBA code to achieve my requirement please.

I have a range of IP using which I want to create a command and I want to do this via macros.

The command part will be same every time, only part that will change is IP. So, I'm trying to achieve this via macros.

Below code is working but it is only reading one value instead of the column.

Expectation:

1. Column will contain n number of IP. So, I want this code to read whole column.
2. The first and last text will be same every time. That's why I want hard code that in the code. This way I will just use the macros on a column and it will automatically print the output using values of the selected column.

Code:
Private Sub Concate()

lastrow = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
Dim myAry(0 To 2) As String
Dim b As String

For i = 2 To lastrow
b = Cells(i, 1).Value

Next

myAry(0) = "add host name"
myAry(1) = b
myAry(2) = "value set"

Range("A15").Value = Join(myAry)
End Sub

Data:

Expected output:

add host name 172.16.1.1 set value
add host name 172.16.1.2 set value
add host name 172.16.1.3 set value

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Please don't put your tables in Code tags - it prevents them displaying as tables. I have fixed them for you this time.
Also, see the forum's specific code tags as shown here. My signature block below has more information

1671250720614.png

It is a little unclear just what you have and where you want the results, but see if you can make use of this.

VBA Code:
Sub JoinThem()
  With Worksheets("Sheet1")
    With .Range("A2", .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
      .Offset(, 1).Value = .Worksheet.Evaluate("""add host name ""&" & .Address & "&"" set value""")
    End With
  End With
End Sub

My sample data in column A and the code above has produced the results in column B

excelman15.xlsm
AB
1IPOutput
2172.16.1.1add host name 172.16.1.1 set value
3172.16.1.2add host name 172.16.1.2 set value
4172.16.1.3add host name 172.16.1.3 set value
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Solution
Please don't put your tables in Code tags - it prevents them displaying as tables. I have fixed them for you this time.
Also, see the forum's specific code tags as shown here. My signature block below has more information

View attachment 81102

It is a little unclear just what you have and where you want the results, but see if you can make use of this.

VBA Code:
Sub JoinThem()
      .Offset(, 1).Value = .Worksheet.Evaluate("""add host name ""&" & .Address & "&"" set value""")
    End With
  End With
End Sub

My sample data in column A and the code above has produced the results in column B

excelman15.xlsm
AB
1IPOutput
2172.16.1.1add host name 172.16.1.1 set value
3172.16.1.2add host name 172.16.1.2 set value
4172.16.1.3add host name 172.16.1.3 set value
Sheet1
Hi peter,

Apologize for the formatting of the text above in my post.

The code you shared with me worked for me. Thank you very much for your help. :)

Upvote 0
Hi Peter,

I have query to ask.

I want achieve the output to below command and to achieve I used your code.

Command:

add host name "BL_172.16.1.1" IP-address "172.16.1.1" set value

And to achieve now I tried below,

1. I'm trying to concatenate "BL_" with the excel data but not to print it yet on the excel.---> This I achieved using your code.
2. Now as you can see in the command above I'm calling the created data (created using point 1) in the command. I achieved this using below code (Thanks to your help.). In this I just extended the use of your code as per my requirement.

But now I want to achieve 2 things in this.

1. To achieve this I want to store all the data that was created in point 1 above into a variable and then use that variable in the next part of the code to get the final result.
2. Also, I want "" in the code as well because that is important in the command above. This is something that is not achievable for me however I tried.

Used Code:

Code:
Sub JoinThem()

With .Range("A1", .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
    .Offset(, 1).Value = .Worksheet.Evaluate("""add host name "" & ""BL_"" & " & .Address & " & "" ip-address "" & " & .Address & " & "" set value""")
   End With
 End With

End Sub

Expected :

Code:
Sub JoinThem()
dim var1 as string

With .Range("A1", .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))

var1 = 
    .Offset(, 1).Value = .Worksheet.Evaluate("""add host name "" & ""BL_"" & " & .Address & " & "" ip-address "" & " & .Address & " & "" set value""")

.Offset(, 1).Value = .Worksheet.Evaluate("""add host name "" & " & var1.Address & " & "" ip-address "" & " & .Address & " & "" set value""")
   End With
 End With
 End Sub

Upvote 0
You have lost me. Can you show a small set of original data and final expected results with XL2BB?

Upvote 0
You have lost me. Can you show a small set of original data and final expected results with XL2BB?
Hi Peter,

Below is the original data and expected output.

Book1
AB
1Original DataExpected Output
21.1.1.1add host name "BL_1.1.1.1" ip-address "1.1.1.1" set value
32.2.2.2add host name "BL_2.2.2.2" ip-address "2.2.2.2" set value
43.3.3.3add host name "BL_3.3.3.3" ip-address "3.3.3.3" set value
54.4.4.4add host name "BL_4.4.4.4" ip-address "4.4.4.4" set value
Sheet1

Upvote 0
You can do that by extending the example provided by @Peter_SSs

VBA Code:
Sub JoinThem2()
    Dim DQ As String, S As String

DQ = Chr(34)
            S = DQ & "add host name 'BL_" & DQ & "&" & .Address & "&" & DQ & "' ip-address '" & DQ & "&" & .Address & "&" & DQ & "' set value" & DQ
            .Offset(, 1).Value = .Worksheet.Evaluate(S)
            .Offset(, 1).Replace What:=Chr(39), Replacement:=Chr(34)
        End With
    End With
End Sub

Book1
ABCD
1Original DataVBA OutputExpected OutputCompare
21.1.1.1add host name "BL_1.1.1.1" ip-address "1.1.1.1" set valueadd host name "BL_1.1.1.1" ip-address "1.1.1.1" set valueTRUE
32.2.2.2add host name "BL_2.2.2.2" ip-address "2.2.2.2" set valueadd host name "BL_2.2.2.2" ip-address "2.2.2.2" set valueTRUE
43.3.3.3add host name "BL_3.3.3.3" ip-address "3.3.3.3" set valueadd host name "BL_3.3.3.3" ip-address "3.3.3.3" set valueTRUE
54.4.4.4add host name "BL_4.4.4.4" ip-address "4.4.4.4" set valueadd host name "BL_4.4.4.4" ip-address "4.4.4.4" set valueTRUE
64.4.4.4add host name "BL_4.4.4.4" ip-address "4.4.4.4" set valueadd host name "BL_4.4.4.4" ip-address "4.4.4.4" set valueTRUE
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D2:D6D2=B2=C2
C6C6="add host name " & """" & "BL_" & A6 & """" & " ip-address " & """" & A6 & """" & " set value"

Upvote 0
Or extend it this way
VBA Code:
Sub JoinThem_v2()
      .Offset(, 1).Value = .Worksheet.Evaluate("""add host name """"BL_"" & " & .Address & " & """""" ip-address """""" & " & .Address & " & """""" set value""")
    End With
  End With
End Sub

BTW, if the sheet with this data will be the active sheet when the code is run, less is needed.

VBA Code:
Sub JoinThem_v2a()
  With Range("A2", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
    .Offset(, 1).Value = Evaluate("""add host name """"BL_"" & " & .Address & " & """""" ip-address """""" & " & .Address & " & """""" set value""")
  End With
End Sub

The same would be true for my earlier code as well.

Upvote 0
You can do that by extending the example provided by @Peter_SSs

VBA Code:
Sub JoinThem2()
    Dim DQ As String, S As String

DQ = Chr(34)
            S = DQ & "add host name 'BL_" & DQ & "&" & .Address & "&" & DQ & "' ip-address '" & DQ & "&" & .Address & "&" & DQ & "' set value" & DQ
            .Offset(, 1).Value = .Worksheet.Evaluate(S)
            .Offset(, 1).Replace What:=Chr(39), Replacement:=Chr(34)
        End With
    End With
End Sub

Book1
ABCD
1Original DataVBA OutputExpected OutputCompare
21.1.1.1add host name "BL_1.1.1.1" ip-address "1.1.1.1" set valueadd host name "BL_1.1.1.1" ip-address "1.1.1.1" set valueTRUE
32.2.2.2add host name "BL_2.2.2.2" ip-address "2.2.2.2" set valueadd host name "BL_2.2.2.2" ip-address "2.2.2.2" set valueTRUE
43.3.3.3add host name "BL_3.3.3.3" ip-address "3.3.3.3" set valueadd host name "BL_3.3.3.3" ip-address "3.3.3.3" set valueTRUE
54.4.4.4add host name "BL_4.4.4.4" ip-address "4.4.4.4" set valueadd host name "BL_4.4.4.4" ip-address "4.4.4.4" set valueTRUE
64.4.4.4add host name "BL_4.4.4.4" ip-address "4.4.4.4" set valueadd host name "BL_4.4.4.4" ip-address "4.4.4.4" set valueTRUE
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D2:D6D2=B2=C2
C6C6="add host name " & """" & "BL_" & A6 & """" & " ip-address " & """" & A6 & """" & " set value"
Thank you @rlv01, it works for me.:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davenil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back