VBA Graded Color Scale - changes based on value in another cell

RobRiotUK

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum. So please be gentle :)

I'm trying to come up with a solution to have a column of numbers appear in a graded color sequence (similar to what the color scales in conditional formatting do), but have the high and low numbers used for the grading changed based on the value of another cell.

In column D I have 5 different values: "North", "South", "East", "West", "International". There is then a series of numbers in column L I want the color scaling to be applied to.

So say the highest value in column L for "North" was 25, and the lowest was 1 - 25 would show as red and 1 green, with all values in between for "North" as a gradient between those two colors. "South" could have different values in column L though. So for "South" 267 could be the highest and 24 the lowest. In this instance I want 267 to show as red and 24 as green, with all values in between for "South" as a gradient between those two colors.

I hope that makes sense?

The high and low numbers for each column D value will change. So I suppose I need a way for the VBA to also determine what is the lowest and highest numerical value in column L to help determine the color scaling too.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
I know I'm new to the forum. But was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this for me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJFabEngineering

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back