wintersoldier12

Good day,
I am new to this and this is my first post. I have limited excel experience and to be honest have not ran a single VBA yet. They seem a little intimidating to me to say the least.

I created an excel document (well call it Document 1) that has the (now) time at the top that updates upon an entry or F9 being pressed (Security lockdown of internal clock function on my network)

The document will then provide an event column (B), Acutal time of entry (C) and a + 30 minute auto calculation in column (D).

I would like to be able to look in a historical event log (broken down Monthly) and if it states a certain phase in Column E, that coincides with the statement "Alarm Received" in Column H. It will bring Column (D)'s information to Column (C) in Document 1. And at the same time bring in Column (F) from the monthly event log as well (date time stamp). The only other thing is I would like to have this dependent on the "now" Time in (A1) on Document 1. If it is greater or less than 30 minutes it will perform this action, otherwise exclude.

Hopefully this makes sense.

IT seems like a very complicated transaction and my peers and I have tried "if statements" for this action with no luck. The more I look the more i think a macro is necessary.

Could anyone help me with this?

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
G'day WS12,

You are going to have to provide more detail of locations of the various data elements to get significant help. So to the questions:
1. How are the different event records identified? Is it soley the time stamp or is there some other identifier included
2. Where are all these different columns located? Same workbook but different worksheets or different workbooks. For example you say "It will bring Column (D)'s information to Column (C) in Document 1." which implies that these two columns are in different workbooks.
3. "Greater or less than 30 minutes" only excludes exactly 30 minutes, which seems quite strange. Reading between the lines I would have thought that you don't want to run this routine until 30 minutes has elapsed from the original time stamp OR it only runs within 30 minutes.

I am far from being useful with VBA, but nothing stated in your request says to me that VBA will be a necessity, as it seems to be a matter of identifying a trigger then aggregating some data from a couple of locations, possibly in another workbook.

Cheers

shane

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodeCybear

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back