VBA (i'm a novice with VBA)

PGD15

Board Regular
Hi,

So as the title says i'm a novice when it comes to VBA used it once before about 2 years ago and didn't really get it :')

so the time has come where I require it and still don't get it :)

So what i need VBA for:

I am currently manually populating a worksheet based on the values from different internal webpages (these are secure webpages).

I want to write a macro which will copy the information for me from all the webpages bypassing (or using my login credentials) then paste this information into the selected cells.

I believe this could get complicated as some months the position of the data (on website) may move so instead of being like column b row 3 constantly could be a,2 next month. So would need it to say if value1 = value2 then return xxx from the secure website into cell xxx of the workbook.

I hope this is clear and could any replies with code please breakdown what the code means so I can adapt this and repeat this for all my information. Many thanks!!

Edit:

I may need to do like a sumif too such as if headings are equal to ab&c then sum the value and return sum into cell xxx.

In addition:

I also get 1 value emailed to me on a daily bases, is it possible to copy this one too? not sure if vba can do that.

Like if email title starts with "xxxxx" then check to see if today's or yesterdays copy (if i haven't got today's yet) and copy xxx into cell range xxx again.

if this isn't possible I can do this manually but would like to fully automate this.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainbow1112

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back