VBA to look for next non blank cell

Simondo

Hi All,

I have a VBA code to look in column G to find the first non blank cell and return the value in the same row on column C and copy and paste the result to another workbook

Here is the code which works ok

Code:
'Now, copy what you want from InputFile:
InputFile.Sheets("Customer Timesheet").Activate
InputFile.Sheets("Customer Timesheet").Range("G16").End(xlDown).Offset(0, -4).Copy

'Now, paste to OutputFile worksheet:
OutputFile.Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
OutputFile.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

However if there is a Value already in the first cell "G16" the code doesn't return the value i want which should be "C16", It seems to continue until it finds the next blank cell.

I have tried playing around with the code but to no avail, please see below the code i have been trying but this code returns a blank.

Code:
'Now, copy what you want from InputFile:
InputFile.Sheets("Customer Timesheet").Activate
If Range("G16") <> "" Then
Range("G16").Offset(0, -4).Copy
Else
InputFile.Sheets("Customer Timesheet").Range("G16").End(xlDown).Offset(0, -4).Copy

'Now, paste to OutputFile worksheet:
OutputFile.Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
OutputFile.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
End If

I'm new enough to VBA so not sure where i am going wrong, any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Simon

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
The End function in VBA works exactly like the End button on the keyboard for directional maneuvering. If you use End(xlDown) and the starting point is on a blank cell, it locates the next cell with data moving downward. If the starting point is a cell with data or a formula, it locates the last cell in the series of cells that have data or formulas. It might be better to use a different criteria to locate your cell if your data and formula layout is inconsistent.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayHo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back