vbe6.dll - Excel crashes upon running a macro

MarinM

Hi,
I'm using MS Office 2007 (Excel 2007) SP1, and Windows XP SP2, mostly not patched since patches are made by the administrator.
On another machine I'm using Vista and Office 2007 (Excel 2007), fully patched.

I have a table with few web queries, few named ranges that copy-paste data on four sheets and do some cell manipulation (replace, change formats, delete, calculate few values). I already made this table few months ago but due to data loss had to build it again. It looks better but it doesn't work. First, after ten runs of this thing my MS Exce became sluggish, it takes half a minute to open, same with MS Word. The file with which it began and that is crashing Excel all the time takes more than a minute to open (it used to take more than five minutes but I made a new file which wasn't burdened by unused web queries).
Last thing that happened is that after resizing a column and starting a macro I got the following error (on both configuration crashes the same way):

AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 12.0.4518.1014 AppStamp:45428263
ModName: vbe6.dll ModVer: 6.5.10.20 ModStamp:45187577
fDebug: 0 Offset: 001a5cc9

What can I do to solve it?

How can I diagnose the potential problem?

Thank you in advance,

Marin

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Hi, I believe there was a problem that sheet wasn't activated before making a selection on it. After it stopped crashing it was working for the next ten days. I improved some of the code and it was working normally. Now, it shows the same error and I'm really puzzled. Does someone have a suggestion how to solve it?

Upvote 0
I know this is an old thread but in case someone else runs into this issue, here's the solution I came up with.

I had the same issue using Excel 2007 VBA. The fix is to disable the macro/VBA in trust centre on the crashing PC or make a change to the code so it has to be re-compiled (save the file without compiling). The Excel file should be able to open on the crashing PC now. After opening the Excel file, open up VBA and compile the code (Debug->Compile VBAProject), then save it. It should now work with all other conflicting systems.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sampak88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back