vlookup sum?

Cheeks1969

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have three columns that have amounts on the top row. Below that row are the names of people in 22 rows, for each row it;s the person who earned 60 in the first column, a person who earned 40 in the second, and a person who earned 20 in the third. Elsewhere, I have all the names listed once and I want to have their total earnings next to their names, calculated by a formula.
So for name X in the first column, I want to count them and multiply by 60, then add to the number of times that name shows up in the second column multiplied by 40, then number of times in the third column multiplied by 20. The sum of these would show up in the cell with my formula next to the person with name X. Repeat for other people.

Thanks for any help!

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hi,

Which version of Excel are you using, and can I ask, does each column only have unique names, or can they be repeated (ie. can someone earn 60 points twice or three times also ?)

cheers
Rob

Upvote 0
Hi,

Which version of Excel are you using, and can I ask, does each column only have unique names, or can they be repeated (ie. can someone earn 60 points twice or three times also ?)

cheers
Rob
Microsoft 365 version. Each column can have a name more than one time. For example, person X might be in the first column 3 times, in the second column 0 times and in the third column 2 times. For person Y it might be 0, 1, 4. etc etc Thank you !

Upvote 0
ok, try this:

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJK
2BillBillBill220
3StevePhillSteve60
4TrevorTrevor60
5IainTonyIain60
6JeffParkerJeff60
7Phill40
8BillTony40
9BillRob40
10BillParker20
11Jim20
12Keith60
13Bob60
15Keith
18Rob
22BobJim
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
J2:J13J2=COUNTIF(B$2:B$22,I2)*B$1+COUNTIF(C$2:C$22,I2)*C$1+COUNTIF(D$2:D$22,I2)*D$1

Upvote 0
Solution
Microsoft 365 version
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
Thanks - glad to have been able to help.

Appreciate the feedback.

Rob

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back