Vlookup when the names don't match

brfunk15

Wow trying to put a title to this was hard. So here is the issue and I have been racking my brain to figure it out and I am at a loss. I have a productivity report and I need to look up how many contacts the rep did from the previous day on a different tab. This Report is continually added to so I have to concatenate the name + date to make sure I am pulling the correct data for that date.

The problem is my initial lookup value for the name is their full name and the tab with the data only has their first name and last initial. I know a Right/Left function could help but the concatenate function messes all of that up.

A5: The name of the rep
B1: The Date

Right now I have been manually finishing the last name of each rep but it is becoming too time consuming. Below is the formula I have been using when manually filling in the last name.
=iferror(vlookup((concatenate(A5,$B$1)),Intercom!A:E,4,False),"")

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I think seeing some examples of all the involved data here would be helpful.

Upvote 0
How about:

Code:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP((CONCATENATE(LEFT(A5,FIND(" ",A5)+1),$B$1)),Intercom!A:E,4,FALSE),"")

?

WBD

Upvote 0
This is the main sheet on the report

-- removed inline image ---

This is the Sheet with the Data. Column D is the number I am trying to pull

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Your attempt to post an image failed. Were you attempting to use on of the tools my link references?
I would recommend trying to get it to work in the "Test Here" forum before posting it to this thread, to make sure you are using it correctly.

Upvote 0
Well, that didn't work! Let's see if this works. Below should be an image of the main page on the report.

c8OQS5

Upvote 0
This works!!! Ill have to study this formula to figure it out. Thank you so much, you just saved me hours a week of work!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davelevnt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back