What-if scenario? 2 to 3 variables, data table to be used in a chart - most efficient way to think about this

shakethingsup

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi - I'm wondering if there is a more efficient way to think about this to present scenarios and charts.

This table shows how many patients get enrolled each month in a clinical trial for drug study and the cumulative patients enrolled over time (column I and J). The more clinics (sites) you activate, the faster you can screen patients and subsequently enroll. Let's ignore the uneveness of site activations for now (0 --> 20 --> 5 --> 5 for a cumulative amount of 30 sites). This is an input in itself so I'm trying to think about the "ramp" or the change in this one.

In the month of February, you activate 20 sites, you can see 0.25 patients per site = 0.25*20 = 5 patients in the month. Not every patient qualifies, 60% fail, so 40% qualify, 40% of 5 = 2 patients. You accumulate the results monthly. Clearly the two major inputs are enrollment rate and screen failure. "what if were to change those rates?"

I just designed it this way where someone chooses from the drop down menu in C2 and D2 the scenario and it just changes cells E12 and F12 respectively which then flows into the calculations.

After this I graph it in a chart.

I could easily create many columns to accodomate the various scenarios so one does not have to flip back and forth. Wondering if there's a better more efficient way to show all scenarios at once so they can be graphed and visualized.

I'd be willing to learn power query/power BI if this is the way to go. Never used those yet!

Thank you in advance

1699910019656.png

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back