XL2BB Issue

JLouis

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I've got a bit of an issue regarding the addin XL2BB. I've installed it with the file on my desktop and I'm trying to move it to the Excel folder.

But first the problem, I renamed the XL2BB folder on my desktop to "XL2BBold" to disable it and uncheck it under addins from the options menu. When I open my workbook, I get errors all over the workbook. I've attached a screenshot of the error upon openign the WB.

The addin is disabled and renamed, so I don't know how to fix the connection between the addin and my workbook.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Louis

To add to this, if i change the name back, the problem goes away. i don't get errors opening a blank WB.

Attachments

• xl2bb.png
    xl2bb.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 12
I can see that you are saying the error goes away if you get to enable the add-in back, however, the error you've been experiencing has nothing directly related to XL2BB since XL2BB is not using any external references to avoid this kind of problem.

While the add-in is enabled and working (without renaming the folder or moving the add-in file somewhere else), please follow the uninstalling instructions to uninstall the add-in.

1677435325642.png

Then exit Excel, remove/rename the old folder (however you like), and launch Excel again. Go to Excel Add-ins, and it should be removed already.

Yes, that is what I did. And it throws the errors I'm discussing.

While you got the add-in removed, could you please go to VBE and Tool->References and see which library is marked as MISSING and remove it (uncheck the checkbox next to it)?

Again, this has nothing to do with XL2BB directly, but I believe Excel got confused with some libraries (especially if you renamed the add-in file before removing it from Excel add-ins in the first place). When this happens to me in Excel, the first thing I open the References window and remove the MISSING library reference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Default1101

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back