Emailing from Excel

Pekkavee

I just became a member of the board of a Finnish Touring Motorcycle Club.
I have a BMW R1000 GS which is a wonderfull bike. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

My responsibility is to take care of the member list and some info to the members.

How can I send Email to all the members, if I have their Email Address in column A in Excel. I am using Eudora in this case. Outlook could be possible as well.

Regards
Pekka
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Thank you Andrew.

I just love this forum.

Allways when I need some help I get it in some minutes in here. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Pekka

Upvote 0
This is exactly what I need (not tried it yet though)

However nowhere is it made clear on any of these replies on this topic or on Microsofts mail merge topic whether these bulk mails are issued as e.g. 100 separate outlook emails or 100 addresses in one email.

This distinction is important as I have foudn that a lot of my email newsletter are blocked if their are more than a few people in the bcc box (I don;t want recipients to see everyone elses email addresses)

They are either blocked by spam software or by virus software (ie if too many people in the bcc box it might be sent y a virus/worm)

Can any one clarify.

Basically I want to send an email to 100's of individuals without having to open 100's of individual emails

Thanks
David

P.S. I know it says I'm a new user but I used this site a lot over a year ago (contributor as well) , but have forgotten my old ID!

Upvote 0
Hi David

I just made a 960 Email sending to our motorcycle club members.

The Emails leave as separate Emails with only one receiver in that particular Email message.
And the messages can be personalised like " Hi Pekka", Hi David" ( Look at the Macro code )

It works very well, Thanks again Andrew :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Pekka

Upvote 0
Compile Error

I am using Outlook v9.0 and Excel v9.0.2720 (Office 2000)

I get the following error on the very first line in the code (Dim OutApp As Outlook.Application):

"Compile Error: User-defined type not defined"

Do I need to upgrade my version of Excel? Or am I doing something wrong? These are the steps I followed:

Opend outlook, hit Alt+F11 and ensured the Object Library check box was selected, then exited the outlook visual basic having clicked save (the check box was already selected anyhow), but left Outlook itself running. I also tried running the macro in Excel with the VB browser for Outlook open.

I then opened a new Excel workbook and filled cells A1 to C3 with the 3 columns of test data ie A = names B = email address and C = Yes

I have then opened a new macro and pasted in the code given on the link above.

Then with Outlook open I have clicked "Run" and received the error above

All help is much appreciated. :)

Upvote 0
Re: Compile Error

new2leeds_com said:
I am using Outlook v9.0 and Excel v9.0.2720 (Office 2000)
Opend outlook, hit Alt+F11 and ensured the Object Library check box was selected,

Do this in Excel ("hit Alt+F11 and ensured the Object Library check box was selected,") , Maybe it helps. :) :)

Pekka

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back