Present Values

DavidA

I am attempting to calculate a present value of a series of cashflows. Beyond year 1, the answer is incorrect when compared to a financial calculator. I believe that I am inputing the info incorrectly. Can anyone explain.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Welcome to the board!

There are many people here who coul dprobably explain. Could you please post the formula you are using, and the expected results? Otherwise, it is tought to speculate on what might be happenning.

Upvote 0
I am attempting to calculate a present value of a series of cashflows. Beyond year 1, the answer is incorrect when compared to a financial calculator. I believe that I am inputing the info incorrectly. Can anyone explain.
When you use multiple years, make sure to include the total number of months in "nper", assuming the interest rate compounds monthly.

Upvote 0
When you use multiple years, make sure to include the total number of months in "nper", assuming the interest rate compounds monthly.

Also worthy of note is that the Rate, if expressed as an Annual Percentage Rate. needs to be divided by the number of periods per year, usually 12, for monthly payments.

Upvote 0
DavidA,
I don't think you're fully understanding the PV concept and how to use it in Excel. Or maybe I don't fully understand your post.

*How long will cashflow occur?
*Amount of each?
*Discount rate?

Adam

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miahr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back