Someone likes me!

diddi

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I have had some notifications that someone likes my post, but when I check, I cant see where it says who gave the like. my page just reads "1 likes". when I click on the likes link, nothing updates. how do I see who likes my post?
TIA

when I click on the likes link, nothing updates. how do I see who likes my post?
You can't (at least not that way). If you happen to find the post that you made, I think you will see the "like" under it, but there is no way to search for it.

We had a discussion about this a while back. It is one of the standard things that comes with the vBulletin forum. Most of us felt it really isn't really of any benefit, but it would involve customization to turn it off, and we try to limit the customization as much as possible (as those are the things that tend to go "haywire" whenever there is a software update).

@ shg. thx, I feel much happier now :)

@joe4. perhaps given the the way facebook has given new meaning to the term, it might be more relevant than it was? I have only had this in the last couple of months, even though the rebuild was a while back now.

This has been going on for more than a couple of months. It may have more meaning on a site like Facebook, but I don't know much it really means here. Most people find it frustrating that they cannot easily identify the details of the "Like" (what was liked, who it came from).

yeh that's why I asked. it doesn't really make much difference to me, but when it came up I thought I would look. it may be possible to disable the feature in vBulletin? I don't know anything about how it is administered...

it may be possible to disable the feature in vBulletin? I don't know anything about how it is administered...
They already checked, and it could be disabled, but requires customization to do so, which is something that we try to avoid if possible, as it is customization that usually leads to issues when upgrades are applied.
(As you might have guessed, this isn't the first time this subject has been brought up and discussed -- we were asking many of the same questions you are now!;))

Ah, the pandoras box has been opened.....don't blame anyone but yourself, if you get thousands of likes now.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I like you too diddi...!!!

lucky there is no "don't like" button. then there would be a flood... :)

Recently Chandoo.org upgraded their forum and they're using xenforo. It shows who likes your post with member name and gives a link to the post.

So I think it depends on the software developer's design.

If possible, I'd suggest logging an enhancement request to vBulletin [if there's such an option] so it comes out fixed in their next release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back