System Error &h80004005 (-2147467259)

djreiswig

Have been working on a rather large project in VBA in Excel. Today when I went to view my code it says "Project is unviewable" Then it says System Error &h80004005 (-2147467259). Unspecified error". I have done some searching, but haven't been able to decipher this error.

I have not changed anything on the computer since I last opened this file (yesterday). It just seems that Excel decided to lock my code. The macros seem to work fine from the sheet, I just can't view or edit them anymore.

Is there anyway to correct this error? I do have an older version of this file that works fine, but I have made some changes to this version that I will have to recreate. Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded CodeCleaner and tried it, but it doesn't list my project in the box. Only Personal.xls.

Upvote 0
Did you trust access to the project?

In 2003, Tools > Options > Security, Macro Security, Trusted Publishers tab, tick Trust access ...

Upvote 0
I'm actually using 2000 at work. I checked and the box is checked and my "home made" certificate is in the list. It has been working fine except for today. I couldn't get it to work on 2003 at home either.

Upvote 0
Is the workbook shared? If so, unshare it and try.

Meanwhile, I'll ask someone smarter than me to look in on this.

Upvote 0
Not that I know of. At least I never made it that way. Is that something Excel can come up with on its own? I'm thinking Excel goofed something up and now it doesn't want to play anymore.

Upvote 0
If it were shared, it would say [Shared] in the title bar, at least in Excel 2003. Assuming it doesn't,

1. Try removing the signature and see if you can view the project.

2. Try sharing the workbook, save, close, and reopen, then unshare the workbook.

Upvote 0
shg4421, You are AMAZING!!!

Your second suggestion worked great. I now have access to my code again. You saved me a couple of hours of work. Guess I'll have to remember that trick for when Excel gets stupid on me again.

I know I never shared it, cause I had problems locating how exactly to do that. Took a little googling to figure it out.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Can I just add my thanks nearly 10 years on!! This had never happened to me before today and I freaked out because I have sooooo many projects running on this particular workbook. But the sharing and unsharing solution worked!

I love this forum and it's clever members!!
(y) :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back