Text coming in Scientific Formulaes

Gaura215

Board Regular
Dear All Excel Gurus

I am stuck in a wierd problem. I try to explain it. Please ask me in case I am unclear somewhere.

I have a pivot table, which is showing a particular catagory, and the sum of the values against that catagory from my data.
Now, the sum of the values against few catagories is ZERO. But in my pivot, some of those are coming as zero, but others are coming in wierd scientific formulae thingy, i.e for example "-4,54747350886464E-13"

Due to this, I am unable to filter all catagories with ZERO values. Kindly advice.

Regards
Gaurav

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
how big are your numbers. Escel will only hadle values to a precision of 16 digits. i.e. if your sum is

123456789.123456789 then excel will not display it correctly because that is 18 digits and some rounding will occur.

Alternatively you may be suffing from an Intel floating point error in the CPU.

Unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do about either, especially in a pivot table.

Upvote 0
Well, I have a data, with which I creates a Pivot. Some of the value coming in Pivot are Zero, however some of those Zeros are though displayed as Zero, but when I press F2 to go into that cell they have values like 4,54747350886464E-13 or 2,27373675443232E-13.

My problem is that, I need to create a filter to remove all Zeros from that pivot, but as they are written in scientific notation, I am unable to filter all ZERO from my data. Please can some one help.

Regards
Gaurav

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back