excel spreadsheet mystery

Bobbyiza

I am having a problem with one pc in my office. Files created in excel seem to lose information and or formulas on its own. Sometimes it completely locks up everytime she enters one page on a particular spreadsheet, the other pages in the workbook work great. We have recreated the files, reloaded office 2003, changed hard drives(increased size) and are now on a brand new pc running xp pro and office pro. the same problems are starting all over. The operator fears its something wrong with her. I have checked for macro virus's and everything. If its operator error I can't figure out what it is. Im hoping someone has some suggestions of what i might can do or where to start also how do you check for hidden cells or rows in the spreadsheet?

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hi Bobby, is there any code associated with that workbook, or with that particular worksheet? I had a workbook that would crash my system...no code in it at all...I wound up copying the worksheet and pasting it into a blank workbook...I didn't use the right-click sheet tab method, I used the select all cells in the worksheet, copy, and then paste into a new workbook...

Hope this helps, or at least gives you some ideas...

Good luck and have a good day,

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lulu840

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back