Question about Pi formula

Skyline69

Board Regular
I'm trying to build a lottery system and better understand Pi and it's relationship to whole numbers in general. I'm hoping to find someone on this forum who plays the lotto and/or understands what I'm asking. If so, For example, what does the pick 3 ( lottery) represent to you? A house, a dog, a machine, a shape like a circle or square, or etc..? And how would Pi function in that capacity. But first what is PI, and how would Pi affect the Pick 3 representation? How would they inter-relate. I'm trying to build a system and Thinking in this manner may help give me a better impression about which formula to use and how to tweak them, instead of just continually using formulas willy-nilly to see what hits. I'm Pondering why and how numbers would hit in 'this' formula as opposed to 'that' formula. Yes the formulas look different, but conceptually ponder for example, how that difference actually affects the number that's plugged into it. I don't need super-clear answers. What's important are the concepts that I and develop. All scientific and mathematical formulas began with concepts about the thing being studied. Treat the pick 3 the same. Treat it as if it were not random, but rather as if it is replete with pattern and has a definite shape. Thinking in some of the above ways helps to build a system that has deep substance, consistency, and accuracy, because it's based in your logical(or even slightly illogical) concepts.

Well, thanks for reading this and hopefully help me and you better understand our goals

Always happy to help a numerologist.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
If you're already a millionaire, why should we help you get richer and reduce the pot for others who might actually need it?

Upvote 0
If you're already a millionaire, why should we help you get richer and reduce the pot for others who might actually need it?

You have no clue that is obvious. Do you know me? No you do not. Do you know what organizations I donate 50% of my winnings to? No you do not. Do you know what my community has gained from my winnings to put clothes on their backs and a shelter over their head in a crisis? Again, no you do not. So, IMHO before you elect to THINK you know the answer to why when who what where or how , take a step back and learn to appreciate others rather tan casting stones at those you do not know

Now, more importantly, Do YOU feel bad about making such a STUPID comment? My guess, like the others no you do not, I will pray for you and help the ones that help me get to where I want to go and I WILL get to where I am going. I hope you do too!!!

Upvote 0
At the risk of turning a simple comment into a flame thread (further) I would like to point out that Rory's comment was (to me obviously) meant as a joke.

Upvote 0
No mathematical concept will have any affect on the outcome of lottery results. Lottery is strictly chance. There is no repeatable pattern, past results have no bearing on future results.

Scott, This is not entirely true.

Indeed, you have no impact on what numbers come out. However, at least in some types of lotteries, you do have a method to increase your expected win.

This was experimentally verified in my country many, many years ago by Hugo Steinhaus. The idea is that you need a lottery in which people choose the numbers themselves, and the rule that the the total amount of is divided among those, who have chosen the correct numbers.

The method is as follows: you can make statistics how often people choose each particular number when playing. Steinhaus got old lottery tickets and did this analysis. It turned out that there were specific numbers the players "disliked" to choose. Now, if you deliberately play using such numbers, you do not increase the chance of winning, but when you actually win, there will be fewer people to share the prize, i.e., the amount for you will increase. As far as I remember, Steinhaus finally got a method to assure a small positive expected win from a single game.

Upvote 0
Your argument only states that you can possibly increase your win if you do, but you can't increase your probability of actually winning. The only way to do that is to buy every single combination of numbers, which they no longer allow in Oregon because someone did that once.

This is not what the op is stating. He is arguing that he is somehow able to influence his ability to win, not the amount.

Upvote 0
Scott, I did not comment on the initial post, but on your statement. You wrote about "lottery results", which I understood as both the combination of numbers and the resulting payment (if any), because this is what attracts the players.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tungnmqn90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back