Error "3260, could not update currently locked by User and machine x name"

pedie

How can i remove this error? Someone has locked the database due to error. Can someone please tell me the way to handle this? This is locked for 2days now :) and i do not know the user...:(

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Hi Pedie,
Make a copy of the database on your local harddrive. Make the updates you need and copy and paste the local version over the original network version

Upvote 0
Hi Pedie,
Make a copy of the database on your local harddrive. Make the updates you need and copy and paste the local version over the original network version

Hi, thank for quick response...I did that and got it replaced..however it wont stop locking the database....the file with db.laccdb wont get deleted...start locked by another machine....Please help me. this has prevented all other users from using this database...:(

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Make sure anyone who has used the database reboots their computer so as to hopefully release the lock on the ldb file. If that fails, and I've had that happen before, you may need to get the network administrator to kill the file.

Upvote 0
Make sure anyone who has used the database reboots their computer so as to hopefully release the lock on the ldb file. If that fails, and I've had that happen before, you may need to get the network administrator to kill the file.

Okay, thanks alot Bob.:)

So to prevent this kinda prolem, is there a code that i can run after every code execution to close any opened connection/s? just in case the code fails not close all connections it previously opened for other purposes?

Thanks again. This is a BIGGG headache and i dont want such thing to happen again..:)

Upvote 0
Unless you experience this frequently, I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes it just does what it does and you can go nuts trying to avoid everything bad but sometimes it just isn't possible.

It likely isn't a matter of an open connection in code that didn't get closed. It is likely that something like a network disturbance or someone had to shut down their computer with a hard reset or exited Access by using Task Manager to kill the process. It is hard to tell exactly. But if you haven't had this before, I would wait to find out if it really is a problem before trying to solve the problem. I know it can be a pain if it is a problem and it locks up. But going off and trying to find a problem based on a single event is potentially tying up resources that could be put to better use if there is no evidence that a real problem exists.

That's just my take on it.

Upvote 0
Thanks again Bob for the advice...
everything was perfect, everyone works on it and was cool...until this user came and lock this thing up...
fortunately, i use to track all the log like in and out of db, with name, id and computer id...so i could figure out with the error message whose computer did this was and got it working...but at times i cannot go and tell, boss please end task your MS Access...you know what i mean? :D:biggrin:

Thanks agian...hopefully, it should not happen again...

Unless you experience this frequently, I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes it just does what it does and you can go nuts trying to avoid everything bad but sometimes it just isn't possible.

It likely isn't a matter of an open connection in code that didn't get closed. It is likely that something like a network disturbance or someone had to shut down their computer with a hard reset or exited Access by using Task Manager to kill the process. It is hard to tell exactly. But if you haven't had this before, I would wait to find out if it really is a problem before trying to solve the problem. I know it can be a pain if it is a problem and it locks up. But going off and trying to find a problem based on a single event is potentially tying up resources that could be put to better use if there is no evidence that a real problem exists.

That's just my take on it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back