Access 2010 - Include total sum of (currency) field in query

PurrSent

Board Regular
I appreciate this must be very simple but I just can't find how to do this.

I have a query with 3 fields, one of which is the amount paid (currency) and I would like to be able to see the total sum of this column when I run the query

Please could someone tell me what 'expression' to use for this and also where to type it in?

Many thanks for any help

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
You cannot return a total line at the bottom of your query in Access (you can do that in Forms or Reports, but not Queries).
However, you can return the total on each and every line using the DSUM function. See: MS Access: DSum Function

Upvote 0
I stand corrected.

I can't believe it! I have been using Access for 14 years now, doing a lot of VBA programming and database creation, and I never knew that existed.

Thanks for enlightening me, Alan!

Upvote 0
Click the link for a picture of how to do this.

https://app.box.com/s/z8ptzmiqzdqb5waxzu5e

Wow! This is FANTASTIC!
Thank you very much
I thought there had to be an easy way and this has to be the best!
Joe, I'm so pleased you have also benefited from my 'simple' question too - Hopefully, many others have done as well? :)
Again, many many thanks
Julie
How to I mark this as SOLVED, please? J

Upvote 0
Joe, I'm so pleased you have also benefited from my 'simple' question too - Hopefully, many others have done as well?
Yep, that is one great things about forums like these, sometimes the people answering learn a thing or two themselves!

How to I mark this as SOLVED, please?
You just did! There is no official way to do it, for precisely the reason I accidentally helped demonstrate -- sometimes an answer is presented, and then a better one comes along later!

Just a simple acknowledgement that a solutions works for you is sufficient!

Upvote 0
Julie and Joe. You are both welcome. This was a new feature with 2007 that I accidentally ran into a couple of years ago and it has made a big difference for some of my clients.

Upvote 0
This was a new feature with 2007 that I accidentally ran into a couple of years ago and it has made a big difference for some of my clients.
Well, I feel a little better knowing that this isn't a feature that was always there and is "fairly" new! Still surprised that I never heard about it until now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAKLAM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back