Filter doesn't work after refresh PowerPivot Data Model

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I had uploaded the mock data here both Excel source and Excel PowerPivot to simulate my issue

TeleList_source.xlsx :- User will update whenever they created EMPID

Telelist_PowerPivot.xls :- IT team will pick up the Pivot_Table created from PowerPivot Data model (which link to Telelists_source.xlsx)

in the Pivot_table, I had set label filter to be > 9999

try the simulation, goto Telelist_powerPivot.xls (please change the path), do a refresh in the PowerPivot (A_Ong changed to Alex_Ong), you will notice that the pivot table filter no long working, i.e. all the non-create ID (number) is listed.

I have to goto label filter and re-select it, in order to show only those EMP_ID that created

Upvote 0
Hrm. I couldn't consistently repro with my Excel 2013. I thought I might have saw it once. But I refreshed a variety of times w/o problem. You do get slightly different behavior out of pivot tables that have no values specified, I wonder if that is messin' you up?

Upvote 0
Hi scottsen,

did you change the path in PowerPivot to your local drive ? then make some amendment to the source ? The behavior (the filter criteria is there but need to re-select) only happen when I re-open the PowerPivot, do a refresh in PowerPivot. If I leave the PP file open, goto source do some amendment and refresh in PP, the pivot table refresh is still in-tact

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back