Can i Desplay Web Page inside the Excel ??

Dr.TofyGuy

I was wandering if a web page can be displayed on an excel sheet, like internet explorer, i mean when i open sheet2 for example i can view a web page without switching to the internet explorer??

Regards

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Go Views>Toolbars>Control Toolbox. This will give you a new toolbar. One of the options on this (at the bottom) is "More Controls" - click this and scroll down the dialog until you see "Microsoft Web Browser" - click on this which will turn your cursor into a small cross. Use this to draw a box on screen (this is the webbrowser control).

Post back when you have got this far and we can show you how to activate it.

EDIT: The above is for xl2003 and below - if you are using xl2007 please let us know.

Upvote 0
OK, from Excel with your new webbrowser control sat on your sheet in fron of you, open up the Visual Basic Editor (shortcut Alt+F11) qand open up the Immediate Window if it isn't already open (Ctrl+G).

Type into the Immediate Window the following:

activesheet.WebBrowser1.Navigate "Http://www.google.com"

This should take you to Google (naturally). You will need to investigate what options are available to you thru the Web Browser properties and methods (use the Object Browser within the VBE to do this). You can have simple navigation (eg Back/Forward) by right-clicking in the webbrowser control.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back