Filters in Excel 2007

Scottcmu

Board Regular
I hate the new filters functionality in Excel 2007. Instead of the classic style dropdown list, you have checkboxes - which can be a pain if you use filters often and have to keep checking and unchecking boxes. Is there a way anyone knows to use the classic style filters in Excel 2007?

Thanks!
Scott

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
There is no way to revert back to the old Filter functionality. However, you should also consider the advantages of this approach - even without using Custom criteria, you can make a lot of selections that were previously impossible.

My preferred way of selecting individual items in 2007 is check "Select All" twice (so that everything is unchecked), then scroll down and check the item that I want. Yes, more steps - but again, to me the benefits far outweigh the additional clicks.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that's what I'm doing now, but for my filtering requirements it's MUCH more cumbersome. Oh well.

Upvote 0
I guess one way to do it is to create a PivotTable out of your data, and use the filter field as a page field (called Report Filter in 2007). That's the only place where you can have single-item filter like you did in 2003, as long as you don't have "Select Multiple Items" checked. Since PivotTable sources are easier to manage in 2007 (with new rows/columns, etc), it should simply be a matter of pivot refresh and filter away.

Perhaps that would work for you?

Upvote 0
I like the old auto filter also.

I wish we had the option of Selecting All or not Selecting All...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back