MrExcel logging me off !

imimin

Why is it that I keep getting logged out automatically? If I am on the board for an extended period of time, I have to log back in! It does not seem to be related to if I am active searching the site or not, but I notice it more if I am away from my computer for a while!

Thank you!

If you are on the board and 'inactive' for about 10 minutes, you will automatically be logged off, yes.

Why is it that I keep getting logged out automatically? If I am on the board for an extended period of time, I have to log back in! It does not seem to be related to if I am active searching the site or not, but I notice it more if I am away from my computer for a while!

Thank you!
Did you tick 'Remember me' when logging in?

If you are on the board and 'inactive' for about 10 minutes, you will automatically be logged off, yes

hi Kristy,

apparently this is the problem with Internet Explorer. At home when I am on Firefox, while I am logged onto MrExcel, no matter how long I am inactive, it does not log me out :biggrin:

Did you see Kristy's response?
If you are on the board and 'inactive' for about 10 minutes, you will automatically be logged off, yes.

My experiences on the board support that statement.

Also, I don't think "Remember Me" has anything to do with staying logged in. I believe that all that does is automatically recall your login and password (from a cookies file) when you go to log in.

Some web sites have an "Always keep me logged in" type option. I didn't think this board has that, but it sounds like that is the kind of behavior that Stormseed is experiencing. Or maybe FireFox have some sort of advanced options you can set to make the forum think you are still active so it doesn't log you out? I would be curious to find out how you are getting that to work, Nimit.

Did you see Kristy's response?

My experiences on the board support that statement.

Also, I don't think "Remember Me" has anything to do with staying logged in. I believe that all that does is automatically recall your login and password (from a cookies file) when you go to log in.

Some web sites have an "Always keep me logged in" type option. I didn't think this board has that, but it sounds like that is the kind of behavior that Stormseed is experiencing. Or maybe FireFox have some sort of advanced options you can set to make the forum think you are still active so it doesn't log you out? I would be curious to find out how you are getting that to work, Nimit.
I must admit, I don't really know how the system works but I use Internet Explorer, I last logged in days/weeks ago, ticked 'Remember me' and I haven't had to log in again since - despite being away for long periods of time, shutting my computer down at least once each day etc.

If I do get logged out, I don't know it because as soon as I start any activity on MrExcel I always appear to be logged in.

I have found the same as Peter. I use Internet Explorer and regularly leave a tab with Mr Excel open for hours without any activity and have never been logged out during this period. There do appear to be random occassions when I have to enter my user name and password but usually I bring the board up for the first time after starting IE I am logged in automatically. I'm pretty sure it's not Windows or IE remembering my password either.

Dom

I think it is clearly the 'Remember Me' - at least with IE. About 20 minutes ago I logged out, then logged back in but did not tick 'Remember Me'. I left the board idle for about 15 minutes and as soon as I tried to do anything on the board I found I was logged out and had to Log In again.

So apparently Stormseed is using Firefox and never gets logged out, but imimin also uses Firefox, ticks Remember Me but does get logged out. :confused:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChipDude83

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back