Updating all validation drop down lists on all worksheets simultaneously

ron2k

Board Regular
Hi guys

I have a workbook with 20 worksheets. All tabs are identical in format and layout. On B3, I have a drop down list (this may be irrelevant, but it's to select one month of the year) using simple data validation. Now, I initially had a formula in B3 equal to B3 of the first sheet, so that if I changed the month in the first sheet it will change on all sheets, it will do it the first time without touching the drop down lists on the subsequent sheets.

However, if I changed the date on any other sheet other than the first sheet, it will erase my formula and replace with the value I selected from the drop down list.

Can you guys please help me to device a way (code or formula; open to anything) where if I select, say September, on ANY sheet, it will change all the others to that selection (September) as well?

Thank you

Ron

PS: B3 is actually a merged set of cell merging cells B3:D3. I know this is important because code and merged cell don't really mix.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
for ref. x-posted: http://www.excelforum.com/excel-pro...n-lists-on-all-worksheets-simultaneously.html

ron2k, if you cross post please have the courtesy to provide links accordingly.

Sir, my deepest apologies, my bad...

Usually I do this when I haven't had an appropriate answer, or which I think this is the main reason: I didn't expect to see you in this forum, so in a way its for educational purposes to learn from different gurus in the market. But now I know that we share membership in the same forums...

My bad...

Thank thank thank you very much though....

I'll bear this in mind next time. And thanks for including the url for the other forum's post (I thought the admins wouldn't like to see advertising another forum on their site....)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LSchleppi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back