Sending Email attaching a Zip file

Terry P

I am able to zip the active Workbook but I need to email the zipped file rather than the Workbook.
Any ideas please?
This message was edited by Terry P on 2002-12-07 10:22

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi

Pre windows Xp does not have built in compression tool / utility, Excel will never have this however. Windows will support right click and send to, but not zip on the fly, which you OP requests.

Regardless of outlook version and if O Express or Full Office Outlook it’s the same method.

My call if the way and also free –

Solution

Obtain a copy of WinZip compression utility must be versions 8 or 8.1 can be on share for 30 days trial, and right click will support ZIP and email.

This will do as you request and opn the version of outlook and all you do is send detail and message

HTH

Jack

Upvote 0
Hello Jack
Thank for replying.
The situation is that I have users who can zip it (dos zip)from the program to archive to floppy.
The facility I wanted was to have XP email the zip it produces.
PS what compression in XP?

Upvote 0
Ok Terry.
If the following file is on your users system(s), I can help you out. Check C:-WINNT-System32-MSMAPI32.OCX
I don't have much of a clue with Outlook though I have used Outlook to send attachments via automation before. It is not at all difficult. See if you have the MAPI control. If not, we can go with Outlook or the Window's API.
Tom

Foward slashes do not work here for some reason? Hence the - - -

Upvote 0
Hi

The system on a techi background uses Mapi32, i recall its dll not ocx thou, very close in technical terms. The Dll is C++ compiled file.

If you need dos use PkZip, and its free, the PkZip exe in dos can be emailed if needed.
Also Ace Compression in dos is the daddy in this field

PS what compression in XP?
>>> Closely guide secret from Microsoft but offers full 3rd party compression compatibility, so you be fine there.

The facility I wanted was to have XP email the zip it produces.
>>> If you have the ip right click and mail to as my prev post, if you want on the fly VBA will be needed. I assume you refer to Windows Xp here.

Outlook express if Im right, will not support all the goodies outlook full will. API might be Outlook full only, as is often the case, Express is light weight.

HTH

Jack

OK read the post EXCEL Xp to mail, your need VBA here to call outlook

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JazzSingerNL

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back