Access

The Idea Dude

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I posted this in the 'Excel questions' section, but thought it would be good to circulate it here too.

I was just wondering about posting access related questions on the excel forum. Given the nature of the two programs, I would guess that Excel users are also Access users. I have posted a few little access questions on the Excel forum but I feel a little hesitant doing it.

What are your feelings about this?

I know there are Access boards out there, but I haven't found one yet that turns out replies anywhere as quick as this forum on a consistent basis.

My concern is that the little access related Q's I have asked will no doubtedly lead into full force Access questions with no real relevance to Excel, and I don't want to start causing issues in here about what is a legit post (if that makes sense).

Thanks for reading this and I am eagerly awaiting some replies
This message was edited by The Idea Dude on 2002-10-17 23:29

Perhaps they could have an Access Forum, specifcially for Access questions. I have rarely used Access, little bit too much like programming, although, given the time, it is a skill I would like to develop. If I did head down that path, a resource like the Excel forum but for Access would be fantastic. Jusy my thoughts.

Richard

<opinion>
I think there should be a Mr.Access. Sure, there are other Access sights out there, but no sight I've ever visited can even come close to the amazing knowledge that circulates around here. I've actually disguised Access questions as Excel ones, and gotten correct solutions way faster that any Access sight(eg. http://216.92.17.166/board/viewtopic.php?topic=15927&forum=2).

I've also noticed most members are pretty tolerant about Access questions. I think if as an experiment, there was a Access "room" added to this sight, it would quickly become the best around.</opinion>

Okay, I'm done now,
Corticus
This message was edited by Corticus on 2002-10-18 13:29

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back