Activate opened workbook

Haree

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Hello All,
I have an extended code. I am attaching an excerpt from the code. I have few opened workbooks and I want to activate them but I am getting subscript out of range error. Kindly help me out.

VBA Code:
Sub sort()
Dim name As String
Dim i, lr, lr2, lr3 As Long
Dim wbsource, wbdest As Workbook
Dim Rngsource, RngDest As Range
Dim Rngsrcg, Rngsrch, Rngsrci, Rngsrcj, Rngsrck, Rngsrcl, Rngsrcm As Range

For i = 1 To Workbooks.Count
    name = name & Workbooks(i).name & vbLf
Next
If name = "Get Data.xlsm" Then
Exit Sub
Else
Set wbsource = Workbooks(name)
End If
Set wbdest = Workbooks("Get Data.xlsm")

I am getting error in this particular line

VBA Code:

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
I am getting error in this particular line

VBA Code:

That is because name would have to be a valid workbook name but you are setting name to
Even if there was only one workbook it would have a vbLF at the end and still not be a valid name.
More likely is that it is going to be a concatenation of workbook names and definitely not a valid name.

Upvote 0
That is because name would have to be a valid workbook name but you are setting name to
Even if there was only one workbook it would have a vbLF at the end and still not be a valid name.
More likely is that it is going to be a concatenation of workbook names and definitely not a valid name.
Thank you sir for helping me understand, Any workarounds or change in codes please ? Will removing &vblf help

Upvote 0
Ok so there are lots of things that wont work on your code.
The first is your DIM statements. You have to declare all items, at present only the last item in your row is declared.
so
VBA Code:
Dim wbsource, wbdest As Workbook
would need to be
VBA Code:
Dim wbsource as workbook, wbdest As Workbook

Also in this line here
VBA Code:
For i = 1 To Workbooks.Count
Next
if there is more than 1 workbook you are joining all the workbook names together so by the time you get to here

VBA Code:
the "name" would be a joining of all the workbooks it has found so you couldnt set a workbook as that. As alex said even if only 1 name you have a vblf on the end so wouldnt be a valid name

Upvote 0
Any workarounds or change in codes please ? Will removing &vblf help
It is not clear from the excerpt that you are showing us what the code is trying to do.
Please explain what you are trying to do.
The assumption would be that you are going to copy from the source workbooks to the destination workbook, it that the case ?
Perhaps also post the rest of the code.

Is Get Data the workbook with the code in it ?
On the one hand you seem to be trying to exit when you encounter the workbook Get Data and yet the code that follows seems to need it to be open.

Upvote 0
Hi @Alex Blakenburg and @gordsky . Actually i wanted to copy from opened workbooks to the get data workbook. I used the workbook.name function because the file names will be in hash files so. Thank you for pointing out. I removed the vblf function and just kept it to workbook.name now it works fine. Thank you for your time.

@gordsky thank you for explaining me and guiding me to dim my variables properly, I was of the intention that they will all be grouped together, just came to understand that unless and until I dim the separately they are treated as a variable .

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBV123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back