Adding a data label to the last point on a chart

Danny318

I want to easily and automatically add a data label only to the last point on a chart. I am currently using macro but don't want to. Is there a way to set up the charts to just put the last point in a series without doing it manually?
Thank you in advance!
1690465216234.png

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
In this case, I would make a three more data sets, but they would be filtered for only the last data value. Graph those three too. They will overlay the last point of the original three sets. Label those, but don't have any line, border, or fill for the actual points.

Upvote 0
In this case, I would make a three more data sets, but they would be filtered for only the last data value. Graph those three too. They will overlay the last point of the original three sets. Label those, but don't have any line, border, or fill for the actual points.
I actually only have one data series/line to worry about. The example shows 4 lines. Does this make it easier? Not sure I understand your solution. Novice user. lol Thanks.

Upvote 0
Here is my data set, and next to it is the last data point.

MrExcelPlayground19.xlsx
DEFG
4XYX2Y2
Sheet6
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
F5F5=MAX(Table2[X])
G5G5=VLOOKUP(F5,Table2,2,FALSE)

I graph them both. The main data gets points and lines in the formatting. The second data set - the point - gets no marker, but it does get data labels. So if you add data to X and Y, X2 and Y2 get updated and automatically graphed.

1690545205685.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back