Halljrod

Round1234
Player AvailableQBAaron RodgersDrew BreesPeyton ManningCam Newton
RBAdrian PetersonArian FosterDoug MartinMarshawn Lynch
WRCalvin JohnsonA.J. GreenBrandon MarshallDemaryius Thomas
TEJimmy GrahamRob GronkowskiJason WittenTony Gonzalez

<tbody>
</tbody>

I’m having trouble with the look up formula for the table above. What I need this table to do is act as a heads up display that will update and show the best player available, second best players available, etc… as well as my selections based on draft round. This table is populated automatically by 4 cheat sheets like the one below, which are constantly being updated to reflect who has been picked in the draft thus far.

ADPUDQBFPts
16Drew Brees422.268
x<strike>Tom Brady</strike>
25Peyton Manning395.77
13Aaron Rodgers427.62
41Matt Ryan365.226

<tbody>
</tbody>

I think a hypothetical situation is a best way to explain the mechanics of my sheet. I’m second to pick overall and Peyton Manning was the first pick in the draft. Lets say I decide to draft Adrian Peterson in the first round. In order for my spreadsheet to acknowledge the fact that I have picked Adrian, I would need to manually delete the formulas in the “QB”, “WR”, and “TE” first round cells.

QBDrew BreesCam NewtonTom Brady
RBAdrian PetersonArian FosterDoug MartinMarshawn Lynch
WRA.J. GreenBrandon MarshallDemaryius Thomas
TERob GronkowskiJason WittenTony Gonzalez

<tbody>
</tbody>

The image above reflects my dilemmas. (1) Deleting each cell takes time and leaves room for errors. (2) Once the “best” player is deleted, the table is not dynamic enough to pivot and shift all remaining players down a round. The formula for the look up is:

=VLOOKUP(SMALL($G$35:$G$54,COLUMNS($D4:D4)),$G$35:$J$54,3,0)

For right now, the tables are being populated based on the average draft position which is derived from Fantasy Football mock draft data. Going forward, I would like to populate the table based on my own analysis of past performance and future projections. The cheat sheet table would descend in order of decreasing player value. So if I were drafting quarterbacks from the cheat sheet above Drew Brees should appear in round 1 followed by Tom Brady in round 2 etc…

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JablesFTW

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back