Advanced Search Filtering

Treetops11

Hi,

I'm after some assistance adding further search filters to my search function.

At the moment search has been implemented and is working well. However I want to be able to implement additional check box filtering.

Text input into the 'search by' would therefore be dependant on whether the checkbox was ticked ("yes") or not ticked "no". I have not yet input the checkboxes.

For example I want to be able to tick the checkbox for 'checkboxcriteria1', which would mean that the table would filter to only those with "yes", then I want to be able to perform an additional text search on top of that using the search by inputs which I have already setup.

The only code I currently have is from the table seen in the image which is known as 'data table'.

The code is as follows:

=FILTER(Data_table,ISNUMBER(SEARCH(B8,Data_table[Year]))*ISNUMBER(SEARCH(B4,Data_table[Sector]))*ISNUMBER(SEARCH(B5,Data_table[Client]))*ISNUMBER(SEARCH(B6,Data_table[Project]))*ISNUMBER(SEARCH(B7,Data_table[Tags])),"NO MATCH FOUND")

Please let me know how I can add the conditional filtering with checkboxes into this code.

Thanks

Attachments

• dummy image.png
    dummy image.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 17
There is a difference between a formula that 'does not work' and a formula that 'does not do what you want' which is more often the case, if you look at my post you will see that I asked 'what do you get' not 'does it work'. The formula was a shortened version intended only to test the criteria1 checkbox, nothing else. This was to see how the formula behaves with a single checkbox in an attempt to make it easier to debug.
The formula you sent does not work. "There's a problem with this formula". Not sure how else I can put it.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
"There's a problem with this formula"
That tells me that there is a problem with the syntax, at a glance the only potential error that I can see is that one of the table names might be incorrect.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back