Anatomical heat map in excel?

Markcv64

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have started the attempt in doing an anatomical heat map to simplify my companies injury reporting and to determine visually appealing heat maps to determine frequency and occurrences of injuries. But, the "And/Or" statements are off. Hitting a road block. Has anyone attempted this and been successful? I am trying to figure out to:
1) link up the injury table to these points and
2) Have an easy data entry dashboard to easily show the heat map

I followed this from a YouTube video, but admittedly, my excel skills are not as good as you all. Any assistance would be great.
1704484745607.png

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
I have many questions. What would the body map depict? A map becomes more useful when it conveys a 3rd dimension. We can see the (x,y) coordinates to identify a general location on the body, but what is the 3rd dimension? You mention "...to determine frequency and occurrences of injuries." In terms of "frequency", does this mean you want a time-resolved plot showing what?...number of reportable incidents per time period?...or number of incidents of some level of severity per time period?...regardless of body location? Or are you interested in depicting, on the body map, the body parts injured in reportable incidents? Does the map involve a "count" of the parts injured? Does the severity of the injury matter? Does your source data table include only a single row for a reportable incident (so "Date" would refer to the date of the incident)...or does the source data table include rows that reflect follow-up treatment by an infirmary or occupational therapist (so "Date" might refer to dates of both the incident and subsequent treatment/rehabilitation visits)...the implication being that multiple rows in the source data table might be related to a single incident? You also mention corporate injury reporting...does this mean that you would want to filter the data table to consider only injury incidents that occurred between two dates?

It would be fairly straight-forward to create a tool that applies a set of points to the body locations, but a more fundamental question is what the set of points is supposed to represent.

Upvote 0
In these cases, I use that image as the background of a normal Chart.
Insert > Insert Scatter (X,Y) Chart > Scatter.
(with chart selected:)
Format > Shape Fill > Picture > From a file > (your image)
Then you have to set the X & Y scales of the Chart to match your X-Y values
You will have to offset (add to) the X values that must appear over the rear body.

Upvote 0
I have many questions. What would the body map depict? A map becomes more useful when it conveys a 3rd dimension. We can see the (x,y) coordinates to identify a general location on the body, but what is the 3rd dimension? You mention "...to determine frequency and occurrences of injuries." In terms of "frequency", does this mean you want a time-resolved plot showing what?...number of reportable incidents per time period?...or number of incidents of some level of severity per time period?...regardless of body location? Or are you interested in depicting, on the body map, the body parts injured in reportable incidents? Does the map involve a "count" of the parts injured? Does the severity of the injury matter? Does your source data table include only a single row for a reportable incident (so "Date" would refer to the date of the incident)...or does the source data table include rows that reflect follow-up treatment by an infirmary or occupational therapist (so "Date" might refer to dates of both the incident and subsequent treatment/rehabilitation visits)...the implication being that multiple rows in the source data table might be related to a single incident? You also mention corporate injury reporting...does this mean that you would want to filter the data table to consider only injury incidents that occurred between two dates?

It would be fairly straight-forward to create a tool that applies a set of points to the body locations, but a more fundamental question is what the set of points is supposed to represent.
Krice,
Great comments and questions. The field entry is my goal (see image):
1705594815315.png
. End result, is that I'd like to have a dashboard primary page, with the anatomical features by which, I can graphically view number of injuries over name, date over just body part, and the data can be viewed. I already have tracking of occurrences per time period. This thread is the focus of the frequency of bodily injury over a period of time or by occurrence. I have another table that includes body part fielded by both name of employee and a likert scale pain score. 1-5. Five being unbearable pain, 1 being minor or tolerable.
The source data here is not intended to track follow-up treatment, only initial injury.
Hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back