Annual Dates

MFish

Board Regular
Hello,

My goal is to reflect the annual dates of someones employment with a formula. I have over 2k employees with random dates ranging back from 1995 to today. I need to place a 6 mo. "Probationary" date which I figured out by doing, =edate(A1, 6) and it reflected the 6 months from that date and so on and so forth. However, I know you may be saying, why not just do =edate(A1, 12)? I need the updated year that will be coming up.

Example:

I have a gentleman with a hire date of 1/24/1999. Their 6 mo. probation date was 7/24/1999 but I need their annual date to be 1/24/2021 (Because we can't use this years date due to it already passing).

But if someone has a date of 9/10/2010, as an example, it'll be 9/10/2020 (As the date hasn't reached yet this year).

Hope this is making sense and I hope it's something really easy.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Assume that the first employment date is on cell A1. Then to calculate annual date; you can use the below formula and copy 2k cells below,,,

=IF(TODAY()>DATE(YEAR(TODAY());MONTH(A1);DAY(A1));DATE(YEAR(TODAY())+1;MONTH(A1);DAY(A1));DATE(YEAR(TODAY());MONTH(A1);DAY(A1)))

* will not work if someone's employment date is 29 February

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back