Autofill scatter chart labels

G Angie

Office Version
  1. 2016
  2. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning,

I have a big problem. I have a scatter plot and I would like to put label colors based on a column where I have 4 criteria "Act", "Maintain", "Monitor" and "Asset. Labels should be green if it's "Trump", red if it's "Act" etc. I tried a first code but since I have 200 criteria, I have to repeat it 4 times, which is long.
I also tried the code below, but so far I don't have the right format.

VBA Code:
Sub Etiquette_13()
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim j As Integer
    Dim Chart As ChartObject
    Set Chart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("TRO")
    For i = 1 To Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection.Count
        For j = 1 To Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection(i).Points.Count
            Dim pointValue As String
            pointValue = Range("F" & j).Value
            If pointValue = "Atout" Then
                Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection(i).Points(j).DataLabel.Format.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(0, 176, 80)
            ElseIf pointValue = "Maintenir" Then
                Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection(i).Points(j).DataLabel.Format.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(146, 208, 80)
            ElseIf pointValue = "Surveiller" Then
                Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection(i).Points(j).DataLabel.Format.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = msoThemeColorAccent2
            ElseIf pointValue = "Agir" Then
                Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection(i).Points(j).DataLabel.Format.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
            End If
        Next j
    Next i
End Sub

Can you help me please.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Hi G Angie. A couple of things. Using "Chart" as a variable is not good as XL has a specific meaning for "Chart". Not sure how many data labels you need to change on each series or if there is a chance for each series to have more than 1 of your criteria words but you could just "Exit For" to leave the loop (either within the series or within each series or both) to speed things up. To change the data label colour the syntax is like this...
Code:
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("TRO").Chart.SeriesCollection(i).Points(j).DataLabel.Font.ColorIndex = 3
You can adjust the color index to suit or the RGB colour constant may also work. HTH. Dave

Upvote 0
Hello, thank you for your answer. But it doesn't work or at least no labels are colored. I have this code below that I reviewed. But for this one, all the labels are filled with the color indicated in the first cell.

That is to say, if my first series label is "Trump" (in column F), the rest of the labels are fixed on "Trump" and are colored in green while their cell contains the other types

VBA Code:
Sub FormatConditionnelGraphique_etiquete883()
    Dim c As Integer
    Dim d As Integer

Dim Chart As ChartObject
    Dim TypeTable As ListObject
    Dim TypeColumn As Range

Set Chart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("TRO")
    Set TypeTable = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Feuil3").ListObjects("Type")
    Set TypeColumn = TypeTable.ListColumns("Type").DataBodyRange

For c = 1 To Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection.Count
        For d = 1 To Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection(c).Points.Count
            If TypeColumn(i) = "Atout" Then
                Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection(c).Points(d).DataLabel.Format.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(0, 176, 80)
            ElseIf TypeColumn(i) = "Surveiller" Then
                Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection(c).Points(d).DataLabel.Format.Fill.ForeColor.ObjectThemeColor = msoThemeColorAccent2
                Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection(c).Points(d).DataLabel.Format.Fill.ForeColor.TintAndShade = 0
                Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection(c).Points(d).DataLabel.Format.Fill.ForeColor.Brightness = 0
            ElseIf TypeColumn(i) = "Agir" Then
                Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection(c).Points(d).DataLabel.Format.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
            ElseIf TypeColumn(i) = "Maintenir" Then
                Chart.Chart.SeriesCollection(c).Points(d).DataLabel.Format.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(146, 208, 80)
            End If
        Next d
    Next c
End Sub

Upvote 0
I guess you can't just explicitly state the colour for a data label. Seems like U should be able to. This works...
Code:
With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("TRO").Chart.SeriesCollection(i).Points(j).DataLabel
.Font.ColorIndex = 3
End With
It would be better to replace Active sheet with the sheet name or CHANGE your "Chart" variable name to something that is not an XL term. Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back