Automatically copying a row based on criteria

ngmanager

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone,

I am looking to use a series of sheets to sort and track caseloads for my team, as well as some other data. I know how to set up a sheet so that I can sort or search, but i have a vision of what I'm wanting that I am hoping for help with:

Ideally, I would like to input all information into one sheet, and then have rows copied based on criteria. For example: I have 5 workers. Every client I input into Sheet 1 will have 1 worker. I would like to be able to enter the client with all of their information into sheet 1, including the name of their worker. If I put in their worker's name - say "Janet"- I would then like that row (or even just their name and file number) to transfer to a separate sheet that is titled "Janet." And so on for the 4 other workers.

My hope is to have a master document with all cases, and then be able to flip through sheets to see only each worker's caseload, and to not have to manually copy a row each time it gets assigned into the worker's sheet. I am also hoping that this function will update both if I change information in the row on the master document, and when I add new people.

I have tried a bunch of stuff, and am not happy with any of the results. The closest I have gotten is being able to copy information based on criteria, however the row shows up in the identical row on the worker's sheet, meaning that at times there are like 15 rows between clients.

Thanks for your help!

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
I note you have 365, so the Filter function should be available to you. Have you considered using Filter() to achieve what (I think) you're after? The set up would look something like that below. On a master sheet, set up your data however you please. Then on each "workers" sheet, you'd only need to put a single formula in cell A2 (for example) to pick up all the clients assigned to whatever worker's name you put into that sheets formula - and it would automatically update as you added/deleted/changed any data on the Master sheet.
In the demo below, I made the Filter just go down to row 50 - make it as big (as many rows) as you think you'd ever need.

Master sheet (example)
Book1
ABCDE
1Client nameClient numberAssigned toOther infoOther info
2Bill Smith1JanetBill Smith info ABill Smith info B
3Sue Brown2JohnSue Brown info ASue Brown info B
4Jack Spratt3JanetJack Spratt info AJack Spratt info B
5Holly Christmas4JohnHolly Christmas info AHolly Christmas info B
Master

'Janet' sheet (example)
Book1
ABCDE
2Bill Smith1JanetBill Smith info ABill Smith info B
3Jack Spratt3JanetJack Spratt info AJack Spratt info B
Janet
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:E3A2=FILTER(Master!$A$2:$E$50,Master!$C$2:$C$50="Janet","")
Dynamic array formulas.

'John' sheet (example)
Book1
ABCDE
2Sue Brown2JohnSue Brown info ASue Brown info B
3Holly Christmas4JohnHolly Christmas info AHolly Christmas info B
John
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:E3A2=FILTER(Master!$A$2:$E$50,Master!$C$2:$C$50="John","")
Dynamic array formulas.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back