Automatically updating dropdown menu

tyr443

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a dropdown menu in multiple sheets that takes its content from another sheet with the name Courses.

Is it possible to remove options in a dropdown menu once a value is met in the "Courses" sheet, but by doing so only affect the tables after the criteria is met?

As an example, in the Sheet "Courses" there is the entry "English class" and once the number in the column next to "English class" reaches 20, I want the possiblity to select "English class" removed from the dropdown box for all subsequent sheets.

Sorry I can't provide any examples at the moment, I am currently only curious if it can be done, and how I would go about doing it.

At the end you want to use $I$1 because in the second row it will return ROW()-ROW($I$1) which is 2-1 which is 1, because we want the first row which matches the criteria.

You don't want ($F2<$G2) because each row of the AGGREGATE formula loks at every row from $A$2 to $A$99 so that check needs to be ($G$2:$G$99-$F$2:$F$99>0)

Tyr443.xlsx
ABCDEFGHI
1CourseJanFebMarAprHours to dateHours requiredContructed LoV
2English33311010Maths
3Maths23331115IT
4IT10.50.50.52.55Business
5Business1111410Physics
6Physics2222810Biology
7Chemistry22241010 
8Biology55552030 
3rdResp
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
F2:F8F2=SUM(B2:E2)
I2:I10I2=IFERROR(INDEX($A$2:$A$99,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($A$2:$A$99)-ROW($A$1)/(($G$2:$G$99-$F$2:$F$99>0)*($A$2:$A$99<>"")),ROW()-ROW($I$1))),"")

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
I have a new part to the question, that I hope is possible.
If one of the hours required (G column) was text instead of a number then is there a way to also include it in the list.
So for example if the hours required for English was To be decided it would need to stay in the list until there is a decision on the rquired hours.

I had a go at altering
Excel Formula:
($G$2:$G$99-$F$2:$F$99>0)
with OR but I just can't seem to get it working. I think I need to sit down and take some time to understand what is there so far before I can edit it comfortably.

Also sorry to keep bugging you with more, this is most definitely the last time.

Upvote 0
Sometimes it's just best to redesign your approach. Here I'd say use 999 to force its appearance or add a work column to populate same.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanamos298

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back