Averageifs using multiple criteria from multiple columns & getting a #Div/0 error

tasub

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I'm at a loss and could use some advice. I'm trying to get an average based on criteria from 3 different columns. Also only calculating >0 Here is the formula I use. =AVERAGEIFS('Manual Data'!BA3:BA70,'Manual Data'!BA3:BA70,">0",'Manual Data'!G3:G70,"SALES",'Manual Data'!Z3:Z70,"Synergy Plan",'Manual Data'!Z3:Z70,"Standalone Plan")

It works taking out the last two criteria but returns the #div/0 error if I add them.

I need the data to give me averages by function. Only using Synergy Plan and Standalone Plan data in BA for the calculation.

Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 11.04.07 AM.png

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Until we see some of your data, try to use this as an example. AVERAGEIFS works even if there are blank or text values in the measured column. So, one thing I'm thinking is that your lookup has no records or you have a mispelling.
Mr Excel Questions 3.xlsm
ABCDEF
1FunctionPositionTime To Define
2MarketingA14Function
3RecruitingA10Marketing14
4HelpingA10
5CookingA15
6MarketingB
7RecruitingB5
8HelpingB11
9CookingB15
10MarketingCtext
11RecruitingC5
12HelpingC8
13CookingC9
AVERAGE IFS
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
F3F3=AVERAGEIFS($C$2:$C$13,A2:A13,E3)

Upvote 0
Until we see some of your data, try to use this as an example. AVERAGEIFS works even if there are blank or text values in the measured column. So, one thing I'm thinking is that your lookup has no records or you have a mispelling.
ABCDEF
1FunctionPositionTime To Define
2MarketingA14Function
3RecruitingA10Marketing14
4HelpingA10
5CookingA15
6MarketingB
7RecruitingB5
8HelpingB11
9CookingB15
10MarketingCtext
11RecruitingC5
12HelpingC8
13CookingC9
AVERAGE IFS
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula

EF
2Function
3Mareting#DIV/0!
AVERAGE IFS
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
Excel Formula:
=AVERAGE(FILTER('Manual Data'!BA3:BA70,('Manual Data'!BA3:BA70>0)*('Manual Data'!G3:G70="SALES")*(('Manual Data'!Z3:Z70="Synergy Plan")+('Manual Data'!Z3:Z70="Standalone Plan"))))

Upvote 0
Solution
I'm at a loss and could use some advice. I'm trying to get an average based on criteria from 3 different columns. Also only calculating >0 Here is the formula I use. =AVERAGEIFS('Manual Data'!BA3:BA70,'Manual Data'!BA3:BA70,">0",'Manual Data'!G3:G70,"SALES",'Manual Data'!Z3:Z70,"Synergy Plan",'Manual Data'!Z3:Z70,"Standalone Plan")

It works taking out the last two criteria but returns the #div/0 error if I add them.

I need the data to give me averages by function. Only using Synergy Plan and Standalone Plan data in BA for the calculation.

View attachment 85036

Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
Excel Formula:
=AVERAGE(FILTER('Manual Data'!BA3:BA70,('Manual Data'!BA3:BA70>0)*('Manual Data'!G3:G70="SALES")*(('Manual Data'!Z3:Z70="Synergy Plan")+('Manual Data'!Z3:Z70="Standalone Plan"))))
This WORKED!!! Thank you so much!!

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back