Calculating player win-loss records

KWD

I have the multiple sheets that look like this (all are similar: Week 1, week 2, etc.)
1696951706261.png

I want to build a table like this

1696951719627.png

For each person, I am interesting in calculating if they picked each team correctly or not. For example, Alex would be 0-1 for UTEP and Jax St and 1-0 for LT and FIU for the week show at the top. But I want to calculate this across all the sheets. Presently I do these by some very cuberson add on rows at the bottom. Keep in mind teams can play more than once in one week (due to the way we pick them). Also I want to do this across all the sheets (Week 1 through Week 18)

For example, in the above table I use the following to calculate the teams win column records across all the sheets.

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&cweek&"'!j4:j100"),C6))
Where cweek ='NCAA Team by Team'!$B$149:INDIRECT("B"&TEXT(148+'NCAA Team by Team'!$G$149,0)) This selects only the weeks that have been played so far

I am looking for some similar formula that can calculate the player records

The Team win loss is easy as I only have to count the occurrences in the J columns. But for player win/loss that is tougher as I need to compare Columns J to the Players column and to either column E or F for the team that lost and doesn’t not show up in column J.

Is that as clear as mud??? Appreciate any help!!

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
I think my question was too complicated to fully understand. Take this example
1696967714335.png

For example, I want to calculate if each player picked FIU correctly (refer to rows 6 and 60). For Alex it should be 2 correct 0 wrong (2-0), Mark would be 0-2, Aaron and Clint would both be 1-1.
That is what i want a formula to calculate (win and loss can be a separate formula if needed). I can figure out how to do it across multiple sheets

Maybe this simplifies the question?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back