Cannot read google excel sheet

DeepButi

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to read a google excel sheet following what seems the correct (?) steps:

1. Publish the google document and copy the url provided (hope the language is not a problem to understand screen shots).

1701014563186.png

2. On my local excel file, get the data From Web

1701014736071.png

... no matter what option I try (Anonimous, Windows Credentials, ...) I get the screen where I should be able to select the sheet, table, etc ... and all I get is

1701014834402.png

Tried several files and always get here! All tutorials I found show this screen with the data available (instead of "Document"
Tried publishing as .csv files, publishing just a table, etc ... same problem.

Any idea? What am I doing wrong?

Thks

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Can you Share the link?
Unfortunately the files cannot be shared outside our orgnization (a public University). I can use the key to show the published data without problems, but Excel only show the data below

1701037493375.png

Data imported to excel
1701037660188.png

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm restricted. I just created, published, and loaded a Google Sheet into Excel. Published as .CSV. I had no issue except, without Transformation, extra Columns were added.

Upvote 0
Aha! I tried a link to an external file and it works. So it's a credential problem ...

Curiously enough, I can use the link on a browser and it shows/downloads the file ... but I cannot access my own files from Excel/Load from Web .

Will investigate how to use the correct credentials inside Excel. Today I have no options!!!! (yesterday I could use Anonymous/Windows/Basic ... options after providing the url)

Upvote 0
Well ... obviously Excell uses my Microsoft365 credentials that are not the credentials of my university ... cannot see how to tell Excell to use the correct ones.

Found ... but no way! For sure I am using the correct user/pwd :cry::cry::cry:

1701070973651.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back