Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
  4. 2016
  5. 2011
Platform
  1. MacOS
I know how to make a template that has a custom default worksheet very nicely formatted. But when I click the + sign to add a new worksheet, it is formatted with the regular Excel defaults. I'd like to customize what I assume is a hidden worksheet so that when I click the + sign to add a worksheet my customized version is used.

If m assumption is correct that there is a hidden worksheet that's used as a template, how do I customize that worksheet?

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I already know how to do that. If I customize the workbook and make it the default, when I add a new worksheet the new worksheet does not inherit the customizations. Instead it seems that some hidden worksheet is used to generate additional worksheets.

Upvote 0
Sorry; when it said
when you create a new workbook or worksheet
I guess I misunderstood that you could create a sheet template and use it for new sheets.

Upvote 0
Sorry; when it said

I guess I misunderstood that you could create a sheet template and use it for new sheets.
My Bad! It didn't register in my brain that I needed to save a second workbook called Sheet.xltx as well as the Book.xltx. Excel opens both of those files when it opens.

Thanks for sticking with me. It worked!

Upvote 0
Great! Not that I will ever likely need it, but nice to know it works. If you have a solution, it's nice to mark the thread as solved for the sake of others looking for unsolved problems.

Upvote 0
And just to round out the discussion, if you have created a custom "table" style you like and want to reuse.
• Paste a table that has your custom style applied into your template
• You can delete the Table and the custom Table style or even the sheet you copied it on to and it will stick when you resave your template file, so that it available the next time you call up you Book.xltx or Sheet.xltx

Upvote 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back